Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Mr. Carter

It's been a while...It's hard to know where to open...I feel like I'm been in a daze of chemo, medication, nausea, sleep and all in between there tons of love and support, that wraps me up like a baby. I'm definitely taken care of in so many ways...so many wonderful ways. But I really can't say enough, about my man Daniel...but let me just paint a picture for you (as it literally makes me tear up, typing his love for me, and how he shows it). 

Not a day goes by regardless of how bad I look or feel that he doesn't hug me and kiss my head telling me this is just a "test" and I'm "passing". He continues to pray with me and for me and shares amazing gospel songs (that get stuck in my head for days) to encourage me through the word. He's there. And when I mean he's there...he sets his alarm every 4 hours to make sure I'm taking my medications. Around the clock-no complaints. And after each session of medication- he hugs me and I hug him, and say "I love you....Thank you baby." There's a very genuine love we have for each other, that is getting stronger through this journey. They say "...through thick and thin, & in sickness and in health..." but you don't expect to start your marriage life that way? We are not yet engaged,but in spirit we are far beyond becoming one in Jesus. He's truly my other half and I know and believe that with all my soul. I long for the day to become, Mrs. Carter.

He helps my mom around the house-does the simple things that help-like load the dishwasher, or pick up an area that needs attending. He's helpful with both girls, making sure they are on top of there homework, but spends quality time with them playing board games and making them laugh. It's a balance we've needed for so long. I've never been one to get so emotional over someone loving me...but when you see how dedicated and how real he is about loving me and being here for me, it's emotional. Everyone of my family that has been here over the past month, has left, sending me a text about what a stand up man he is, and how they are so happy he's in my life...it's so obvious he loves you and we are so happy you have him.

We try to watch movies (in/out of my chemo coma's, but regardless of what I need-he's there ready to be with me and spend time with me. The other day we just went and sat outside on the deck, to get some fresh air, and it was lovely. Being with him does something to my soul. God knows who you're soul is supposed to be paired up with...and when that match happens...you "just know".

Daniel you continue to amazing me. You're selfless and amazing. Each time you come to my room I'm so thankful to see your face and have you hold my hand to take each medication. You sit on the edge of my bed making sure I'm okay before you lay back down. There are not to many words that can express my love for you baby. But I can't wait to celebrate the rest of our lives together, so I can show you. We have so much to live for and each day of me getting better, draws us closer to our lives together. We all need you. I see the kids happier with you here as well- their attitudes and sense of well-being is better to have you protecting us. You are showing them what a real man is...one that takes care of his family, not by just working, but by loving and showing us all love.

The way you interact with my family is amazing as well. Always willing to lend an ear or a helping hand. I appreciate you Papa Bear so much. Always know that, & never forget it.


I love you more, than all the waves of the sea....Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment