Sunday, June 23, 2013

10/10

Laying in bed watching Love & Basketball while my toes dry (painted them orange to match my fingernails). I keep painting them over and over because my nails are turning black from Chemo:( There are so many crazy side effects!! It's amazing God gives my body the strength to endure the poison of Chemotherapy killing cancer cells. Overall I'm doing quite well...and I'm so grateful.

On Monday, 7/1 I will have my last of the BIG round, of chemo!! Then Tuesday, 7/2 is my last injection (to increase blood count). I'm so happy because that really makes my legs and body ache bad. I will then wait a few weeks to start my weekly phase 2 of chemo (12 weeks)...should end by October (seems a long way out) but at least I'm going through these treatments during summer when the sun shines and it's gorgeous. I think it would be hard to start treatments in the winter when it's all cold and rainy. My birthday is July 16th so that week I'm going to take OFF! Mycle Wastman is performing that week in Seattle (free concert) during lunch by Westlake that my mom is going to take me too! I just love hearing him perform.

I'm so happy to be engaged to a wonderful man, Daniel Carter Jr.! He got down on one knee today and asked me to marry him. He said come here (I was laying down on bed) so I sat up and pushed myself over to him...he got down on one knee and said, "You know I love you right?" I said,"Yes, I do and I love you"...then he said, "Will you marry me?" I said, "YES!!!!!!!" of course I'm so in love with him he just completes me. We are planning a wedding for 10.10.14 on the beach in Hawaii (with receptions to follow-one in WA and one in CA due to the fact we have such large families living in both places). I want to get married on 10.10 because Daniel is my number 1, my ACE, my best friend and he's my 10/10 so it's a perfect day!!!

It's always been my dream to get married on the beach:) White linen flowing in the sunshine...beautiful blue water and warm breeze. My kids in their all white holding tropical bouquets and my mom/dad/my sister Crystal and bro in law Eric/Plus his family smiling standing with us. Simple. Less is More. Then we can all have a few days to snorkel and body surf all enjoying each other-then we can fly to another island for our honeymoon and just relax. Life is so good. Even today, I can dream. I dream about being healthy and enjoying my married life...and family. Having BBQ's and get together at our new home. Our family dog(s). Just that unconditional love & light enjoying our girls and raising them right.

It seems I'm always awake at 2am every since I had surgery. I'm not sure why but it could be the meds. I have to set my alarm to take my meds around the clock so I don't get sick. But my pain level never really goes below a 5 on a scale of 1-10, so its hard to sleep long periods of time. I'm still in physical therapy- which hurts, but it helps in the long run...I need my full range of motion back from my lymph nodes being removed. I never thought "numb" meant "pain". When the surgeon's were telling me what to expect they would use the word numbness. It means PAIN! lol. I'm working through it and I'm getting better each day...just takes time. I will be very happy when my pain level goes down. All these medications are hard on my body.

I love all the support I get! I can't thank you all enough- it's like each day God sends someone to encourage me in some way and it works! I never go a day without someone encouraging me. I love it! The Fight. Pray. WIN! is a true movement and I pray it continues so I can encourage others battling a disease. I'm working on getting trademark & non-profit paperwork going with the help of some amazing ladies. I know God put me here in this place for a reason. I have a purpose in life to get the victory of the people (my name means Nicole: Victory of the People) so I know my testimony will save lives and souls. My testimony will help people that don't have much support and give them hope. I pray daily for God's strength and he never fails me. Since day one I've had peace. Regardless of all the pain and tears, my peace is strong. I thank Him for my peace. I know he will heal my body and cure me of cancer! I have the FAITH! I thank him for prayer...I'm in my bible so much and praying so much-it truly helps me.

Never take your health or life for granted! Take time to enjoy the beauty of this world God gives us. Take time to look at flowers and appreciate them. Take time to hug your kids and/or parents and tell them you love them. This hurtle in my life has really taught me to lean on God 100% and to love harder and live!!! I love flowers people bring me and cards they send. It's all so loving and needed. He sends the sunshine to warm me and he provides excellent doctor's that call to just check on me to see how I'm feeling. He provides money that I don't have a way of making...always right on time. He never fails me. Thank you Jesus for my life, for my family and for never leaving my side:)

XO

Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I'm super happy for you! Great news on the engagement front. I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow and are enjoying the weather outside. Keep it up and keep updating as you can. Take care - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! I just stopped by and was reading a few of your posts. I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete