Thursday, June 13, 2013

What's the 411 hun?

It's been a while since I've given a TRUE update. Here's a quick one:)

How am I doing? Where are you at in treatment? Is there anything you NEED? Let's just say no matter what I give all Glory to God each day for bringing me through. It's not easy. No matter how strong I look behind this Internet, in person or writing this...God is my strength 100% and I couldn't do a day of this without him carrying me through.


1.  Chemotherapy 

One word: Sucks. I'm half way through the "hard part" so they say....


Phase one: Adriamycin + Cytoxan every two weeks for 4 treatments
(after each treatment I will return the following day, to get an injection to help increase my white blood cells count) I've done 2 treatments (PRAISE THE LORD) and have my next scheduled for 6/17 at 9:45am followed by the injection on 6/18 11am...PRAY FOR ME!! These are extremely hard for me to take. I'm very weak and feel horrible during this week of treatment, so I need all the prayers going up :) Thank you! 

Phase Two: Taxol weekly for 12 weeks They say my hair will start to grow back during this phase and that it won't cause me to be quite as nausea. There is chance of my hands & feet becoming tingly or numb, so pray this doesn't happen.


2. Physical Therapy

I attend Summit Physical Therapy twice a week with Maggy to work on range of motion for my left arm. Surgery- removing 14 lymph nodes has left me with a very painful arm that doesn't have much range of motion. I need this to be 100% by the time I have radiation which is after chemo. Maggy is awesome, she really helps my self esteem and works with me to get my range back. I do massage therapy and then stretch to see where my numbers are at each time. Then, I work with an assistant on a variety of stretches and exercise that help me improve. This helps my pain level and stiffness.

3. Radiation

This comes later...after chemo I will get 4 weeks off to heal before I start 35 radiation sessions. My prayers for this would be to not get lymphoma, which can happen since I had lymph nodes removed. It would cause my arm to swell. I pray that I don't have or will ever get signs of lymphoma. AMEN!! 

4. Overall health

I'm doing well considering everything I'm going through physically. I have minor side effects from chemo (being nausea- but controlling it with great meds- runny nose and eyes (common from chemo) my eyes are sensitive to light, dizzy at times, & very fatigue. My white blood count gets extremely low after the first week so I'm mostly in the house...I don't take many trips out (I hate the car anyways-makes me feel sick and dizzy) unless I really need to for appointment or something small. I'm eating okay and always drinking lots of water and tea:) My hair is falling out daily and it kind of hurts...I would shave it but due to infections I'm not going to use the clippers. My spirits are good...especially today since I finally feel better. But I've never had to go to hospital or be in hospital during chemo, no fevers, no severe side effects.

I do cry a lot even though I don't like too...sometimes it's all I can express. Maybe all the years of "not" crying are being let out. I pray and read the Bible daily...I pray for others (I have a huge prayer wall). I've met some really good friends online and in person over the last month that are true angels. Cameron and Emily are a few to name...both check on me regularly and are the most positive people, they really help me daily. God works in mysterious ways...I'm thankful for everyone that makes me smile rep'n Fight! Pray! Win! in some way. I think I get at least one a day and it's so inspires me. 

5. My Mom

She is my light. I don't know what I would do without her unconditional love and patience. She's always checking on me and making sure that I'm okay. She makes me laugh when I need too, and cry when she prays for me. She will drop everything and hold my hand...if I'm doing bad. She gives rides to all my appointments, waits no matter how long, & never complains and is always positive trying to help. She helps not just me, but my girls. Get to and from school (we are so happy is OUT) and doing other things to keep them busy and happy. She's the best grandma they could ask for! I love my mom dearly and I'm so thankful for her each second of the day.

6. Donations 

I'm so thankful for everything I get...God knows exactly what is needed and seems to provide. You can pass the website for ordering T-shirts & bands (or order one yourself) lol. Here's the links you can pass around if you feel lead too. God really is providing everything! Tanks tops coming soon for summer (saving Hoodie's for fall) and another new band coming soon!!! 





7. I'm in love with Daniel & you never know....I might just be married sooner then later.

Until next time, 

XO 

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment