Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lights On


It’s okay…you can turn the lights on
My body isn’t broken at the moment
I can feel my eyes aren’t gone
My back isn’t heavy and I can sit up in bed
My neck isn’t broken from that weight that’s
Been chillin’ on my head
Its okay…. you can turn the lights on
My fingers don’t’ shake and
My mouth isn’t resistant to taste
My eyes aren’t watering and my nose doesn’t drip
You can see the twinkle in my eye
Just look don’t you see it?
I can feel my stomach and it doesn’t hurt
My legs don’t feel like they are going to burst
It’s okay…. you can turn the lights on
My hair keeps coming out & I’m counting the strands
I’m wiping always each hair that takes a stand
It’s like telling me chemo is working people say
Each time I take my hand and wipe 100 away
My face is smooth and my cheeks smile in peaks
It’s okay…you can turn the lights on
My arm doesn’t’ need gauze and my throat doesn’t throb
My breathing is even better can’t you hear my air runs long?
I don’t have to say ouch, I can say I feel better instead
My body doesn’t hurt and my eyes don’t have that look of dread
It’s okay…you can turn the lights on
God’s healed my wounds this time, praying on bended knee
He’s cradled me like I’m just 6lbs of baby
I’m getting better now from his Holy wave of healing
So it’s okay, you can turn the lights on now.

XO 

12:55am (right before my 1am meds...sitting here with every light on in my room including a candle:)

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment