Friday, April 5, 2013

Every Penny Counts

I really never thought I would be setting up my own "donations for my cure" link? It seems surreal...actually the whole week seemed like a movie. Like I was watching this girl in her 30's, find out she was diagnosed with breast cancer. 

Each appointment seemed like I was the main character in the movie & they were filming us all around the cancer center. Take one, ACTION! I would be sitting there in my chair...with a blank gaze on my face (I could hear the director yell out, "That was perfect! You nailed it...all the emotion in your eyes, & how you took a long deep breath and exhaled slowly...how you fell in your chair and looked perplexed...then one single tear fell down your left cheek and Daniel wiped it away, kissing your forehead! Just perfect...that's a wrap...everyone pack up...on to the next scene!"

I emailed a very detailed list of each appointment, over this last week to my immediate family-it was VERY looooong, so here's my N-A-NUTSHELL version for you:

1. MRI showed tumor in left breast is 3x larger then ultra sound shown
2. Met with Oncologist Dr. Wang- Reviewed Chemotherapy treatments (will start 4-6 weeks after surgery in 2 phases & will last 5-6 months)
3. Met with Oncologist Dr. Little- Reviewed Radiation (will happen after Chemotherapy treatments, I will go 5 days/week for 7 weeks)
4. Met with Wellness + Nutritionist (spoke about how to get mind right for surgery + treatment plans, and what supplements to say away from, which are good to take) She gave me great resources for counseling services + YMCA + different classes + support groups offered @ the cancer center) 
5. PET Scan- To rule out cancer anywhere else in my body (Got results today: NO CANCER anywhere else in my body! Thank you JESUS!! Only the areas where they knew prior.
6. Colposcopy- Biopsy of cervix (Waiting on results)
7. Waiting on BRCA test- should get results by 4/16 (praying I don't carry this gene)

I DID IT!! I made it through this week- (high fivin' myself) It was so long and mentally/emotionally draining...but I MADE IT! God gave me so much strength this week & peace. Sometimes all I could say was "Help me Jesus" and I would get a rush of courage + strength. God is good all the time.

I will be waiting to hear from surgeon as to WHEN my surgery will take place, so for now, I'm enjoying time with my kids + man + family...I'm also getting all my bills and financial in order (with the help of my AMAZING sister Crystal).

Every penny counts & from my heart...I truly appreciate anything you can give. If you can't give money, then send up prayers for me...those are priceless:)

http://www.gofundme.com/fightpraywin

Until next time...

XO

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment