Monday, April 29, 2013

OOOOOOOOUCH

Surgery was a success! 

Wednesday 4.24



  • 9:30-10am Stopped to give kisses to Tasia & Mahllie at their schools, prior to surgery
  • 10:30am Checked-in to Providence (hungry, with just I.D. + Insurance card)
  • 11-12pm Pre-op going over surgery, medications, history, UA test, meeting with Surgeon, Aanesthesiologist, Nurses, etc
  • 12:30pm Went in for surgery: Kisses to Daniel + lights out! 
  • 4:30pm Woke up around 4'ish in my recovery room...I had plans to stay overnight) Thank you Bella for my homemade secret, Mom/Dad & Kids for being there-love you all so very much. Daniel is truly "in LOVE" with me to stay EACH night helping me every step of the way, through the tears & pain. Thank you & I love you.
  • Pain Management begins: OUCH! Can't sleep- hurts too much + plus when I finally start to dozed I kept holding my breath! Whyyyyy? I don't know! 
  • Then wake up > sleep > hold breath > wake up > sleep > hold breath > wake up > sleep > hold breath > wake up > sleep > hold breath > wake up > sleep > hold breath >wake up > sleep > hold breath >wake up! 
Thursday 4.25 
  • OOOOOOOOUCH (The only edible food was french toast w/ bacon and apple slices- pretty much ate that for breakfast, lunch & din din the entire hospital stay). 
  • Sweet nurse (can't remember her name prayed for me- soooo needed it) was hurting and in shock from surgery
  • Realized I had EXACT same room my grandma had last fall to get a tumor (cancer) removed from her stomach D1034 too crazy!! 
  • Still working on a pain management system to help regulate pain
  • No sleep during the night continues.....
Friday 4.26
  • OUUUUCH (Realized I was having a reaction from a certain medication-noticing excessive swelling, rash, which increased pain occurred-so discontinued that medication right away.)
  • Still working on a pain management system to help regulate pain
  • Daniel is so sweet to give me sponge bath & rub my feet with lotion:)
Saturday 4.27
  • THE OUCH CONTINUES- Antibiotic via IV and several shots in my legs avoiding blood clots. I'm tired but finally was on a pain plan that allowed me to get in 5 solid hours sleep-PRAISE THE LORD! 
  • Happy Birthday Rick! 
  • I think I've had 4 different I.V.'s in my right arm by this day- they are doing vitals by taking my blood pressure around my ankle. 
  • Thank you to my visitors: Mom/Dad, Crystal/Eric, Mahllie/Tasia, Grandma/Grandpa, Mysti, Will, Bella Boo, Melissa/Jada Bada, Gina & more. Thank you for all the text messages, emails and post on IG and Facebook:)
SUNDAY 4.28 
  • After soggy french toast, and a fill-in TV Doctor S-S-S-tuttered his way through my morning check-in, my mom said we could manage all my OUCH from home! I.V. was removed & I was discharged around 5pm
  • Thank you mom for helping me shower- washing my hair and getting me home:)
  • Came home to Uncle Paul & Ethelyn making me a delicious soup! 
  • Happy at home-bed is cozy- feels good to see all my luv bugs!  Even though my OUCH is still HIGH! 
  • These drains are most annoying and I feel like they are sticking me from every direction
  • My throat hurts too- anxious for this port to heal up!!

Thank you to my love Daniel that was there from day one and helped me regardless of how difficult it was for him, how painful & emotionally draining it was us both, and for always hugging me, telling me it's going to be ok. Thank you baby for staying by my side.

Praying for healing and no infections!!! Going to see Dr. Soriano on 4/30 for my follow-up. 

My Work-Out:


1. Left side: Light Shoulder rolls + hand extensions + elbow lifts will help on left side (no vigorous activity or lifting over 5lbs)

2. I'm very numb, swollen and have strange sensation under left armpit. I have a large incision that needs to stay clean/dry where cancer was removed-it's very hard for me to look at..but will get better over time.

The Port is on my right side & it's VERY sore. I'm taking antibiotics to decrease chance of it becoming infected. You can literally see the vein it's going into-so strange. Everyone at hospital said it was healing nicely- it still looks so crazy to me! lol. I will be recieving all my Chemo from this method/no I.V.

3. NO FUN, but cancer is removed! All cancer is removed! THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment